Horace Mann Quote

~Horace Mann Quote
A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wow! Can you believe that school is now in full swing already?  I've had a marvelous summer with very little structure, but now it's time to come back to earth and get it together.  Actually it is past time.  As a new teacher, I had no idea how time consuming preparing a classroom could be.  This is our school's first year of having each teacher teach two grades.  Well, it would have been my first time teaching any grades ( be it 1,2, or 3).  I was interim for six months last year, but having the reigns all by myself at the beginning of a school year is a completely different concept.  Thank God for Pinterest!  I have found so many wonderful ideas on Pinterest.  Here are a few pictures taken around my classroom.  Some ideas were my own, some were others.  There is yet work to be done around the room, but I'm getting there.






Our theme this year is The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland.  My class has the Mad Hatter as our character and the theme of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.  It was exciting to find creative ways to reflect that theme and character.  Here are some more pictures taken around the room.



Okay.  So enough about my room.  Let's take a tour around the school and see how others have decorated either outside of their rooms or throughout our school.  Ms. Len, Ms. Linda, and Coach Grant did such an awesome job decorating for our curriculum night!  Each teacher has a character and/or a theme.  Here are a few of the many creative ideas!











No comments:

Post a Comment