Horace Mann Quote

~Horace Mann Quote
A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

I am so behind on posting to my blog, Google+, LinkedIn, etc., or participating in Twitter Chats. Trying to juggle classes for my Ed.S, teach 4th grade ela, teach Technology Enrichment, exercise for my health, spend time with family and friends, teach Sunday School, prepare for an upcoming speaking engagement, and prepare to lead an upcoming Vision Party...well, fitting it all in can be very challenging. However, I do want to share just how fulfilling the Technology Enrichment Class has been for me. They're learning; I'm learning; we're all learning, sharing, and growing! It's a win-win situation. Tennessee may not have been completely ready for TNReady, but I must say that my students are ready to conquer anything. They will not hesitate to dive in, ask questions, explore new realms, etc. I am so proud of each of them. I feel that I'm really accomplishing something worthwhile during the few short minutes we spend together each morning. We started near the beginning of the school year with a different group when it was trial and error. We have worked out a lot of kinks, and things are running pretty smoothly. Of course I look forward to that day when I can have my own computer lab with plenty of room for students to store their Lego/Playdough creations or whatever else they may be designing. If someone our there is cyberspace can share with me how we can get in on Genius Hour between 8:10 and 8:40 on any weekday, please share. I'm also looking for more information on Arasma and Green Screening (best app?).

So far we've explored Tagxedos(Wordle is blocked due to a Java issue), Storybird, PBS LearningMedia Storyboards, HUE Animations, Edmodo, Google Cardboards, and Chatterpix. We're also looking to do an exciting virtual fieldtrip. (Any ideas/suggestions on that is welcome as well).

Happy Valentines to each of you, and have a great long weekend (President's Day on Monday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment