Horace Mann Quote

~Horace Mann Quote
A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Here's a Little Experiment/Hot Topic

Today I will give a piece of candy to anyone willing to give up 5 minutes of recess time in order to respond to today's Hot Topic.  You may use my laptop if you will give up 10 minutes of recess time in order to respond to today's Hot Topic. 

When you are done, please let me know.  We will not use our real names.  We will choose a pen name just like Houdini did.  Do you remember what Houdini's real name was?  Here's a hint: His initials were E.W.  Look at my picture on the right side of this page.  Beside my name you will find my pen name. My pen name is HolyGirl.                                     

Today's Hot Topic is:
Why do you think we need to take TCAP?

To help you along you may answer questions such as
1.How do you feel about having to take the TCAP assessment?
2. Can you think of another way students could be tested?
3. Should you be rewarded if you do well on TCAP?
4. What do you think your reward should be?
5. Do you have plans to help you be successful on TCAP?
6. What are your plans?
7. Would you rather take TCAP using pencil and paper or online?

No comments:

Post a Comment